NOTE: Beginning Sunday, April 1, 2018, all new applications for Land-Disturbing Activity (LDA) Permits will be required to be submitted electronically through Arlington County’s ePlan Review portal. We encourage customers who have been using our paper option to begin submitting new LDA Permit applications electronically before the April 1 implementation date to make your transition easier. All paper LDA permit applications already submitted and in process prior to April 1 will continue to be reviewed on paper.
This page has information about how to meet stormwater management requirements for building projects.
The County adopted a new Stormwater Management Ordinance, Chapter 60 in response to comprehensive new Virginia stormwater regulations which became effective in 2014.
Stormwater Management Guidance – Preparing your Plans
- Stormwater Management Ordinance Guidance Manual (revised 8/2018)
- Appendix A – Stormwater Facility Maintenance and Monitoring Agreement (revised 1/2018)
- Appendix B – Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Template (revised 9/2016)
- Appendix C/D – Water Quality Impact Assessment Data Sheet and Exception Request Form
- Appendix E – Tree Canopy Requirements (revised 1/2016)
- Appendix F – Tree Protection and Planting Standards (renamed from Planting Notes and Details)
- Standard Details for Permeable Pavement and Urban Bioretention (revised 8/2018)
- Building Code Guidelines for Stormwater Planter Boxes
- Bioretention Sizing Spreadsheet (revised 4/2015)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Minimum Acceptance Checklist (revised 2/2018)
- Virginia Runoff Reduction Method New Development Compliance Spreadsheet (Updated 10/2017)
- Virginia Runoff Reduction Method Redevelopment Compliance Spreadsheet (Updated 5/2018)
- Water Quantity Energy Balance Worksheet
- Use of Structural Stormwater Treatment Systems (Revised 3/2018)
- Sump Pump and Drainage Connection Policy
Construction Tips and Guidance
- Appendix G – Construction Inspection Checklists and As-Built Certifications for Various Stormwater Facilities (revised 1/2018)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Supplement (4/2015)
- Pre-storm Erosion & Sediment Control Checklist (8/2015)
- Pollution Prevention (P2) Supplement (New 4/2015)
- Stormwater Facility Certification Requirements for specific types of facilities:
Notices to Industry and Frequently Asked Questions
The Notices to Industry page includes notices about stormwater management requirements in Arlington and some Frequently Asked Questions.