The review processes required for a project vary depending on the nature of the project and its location within Arlington. Different review processes have different lengths and costs. They also involve different branches of the County government. Review processes differ from permits.
- Building Permit: Commercial Plan Review Process: guidelines and steps for applying for a commercial building permit, after you’ve determined whether your project is residential or commercial.
- Building Permit: Residential Plan Review Process: guidelines and steps for applying for a residential building permit, after you’ve determined whether your project is residential or commercial.
- Building Process Overview: sketches out the phases of a building project: planning, permits, inspections, occupancy and maintenance.
- Civil Engineering Plan Review: covers what types of projects need civil engineering plans and introduces the review process.
- Form Based Code Review Process: outlines the review process for projects in Columbia Pike’s Special Revitalization Districts, which must follow the Commercial Centers Form Based Code or the Neighborhoods Form Based Code.
- Site Plan Review Process: breaks down the 120-day site plan review process, after which the County Board approves, denies or defers a project that has a site plan.