The Statement of Special Inspection is used by the structural engineer for identifying the structural items that require special inspection. This is a legal statement that must be completed by the Structural Engineer of Record. The Statement is part of Arlington County’s Special Inspection Program (SIP) procedures. View the Special Inspection & Pre-Construction Manual.
The statement must contain signatures from the following parties:
- Structural Engineer of Record (SER)
- Geotechnical Engineer of Record (GER)
- Precast Concrete Engineer of Record (PER) (if applicable)
- Special Inspection Engineer of Record (SIER)
- Testing Agency Engineer of Record (if different from SIER)
- General Contractor (GC)