You may apply for an exemption from the Arlington County Noise Control Ordinance in either of these circumstances:
- The potential danger to the community is outweighed by the benefit to the public interest during the period of exemption, or
- Compliance with the provisions of this chapter from which exemption is sought would produce serious hardship without equal or greater benefits to the public.
A Noise Exemption Request must be submitted in writing and all information requested must be completed. Request can be mailed, faxed, or hand delivered to the office.
Request must include:
- Dates and Times the work is to be done
- Location or Address of the work site.
- Map of the site, streets, and adjacent properties
- Full Description of the potential danger and/or serious hardship to the public which would require an exemption to the noise control ordinance.
- The type of equipment that will be used.
- Notification to adjacent Civic Associations or Affected Community Residents
- Name and Phone number of contact person and/or on-site supervisor(s) responsible for the site.
- Copy of exemption to be posted and accessible at all times.
Learn more about code enforcement.