An administrative change is any minor modification of an approved site plan or use permit which complies with the Zoning Ordinance, the intent of the County Board in its approval of the site plan or use permit, and the general purpose of the comprehensive plan for the development of the area. Administrative change requests are reviewed and approved by the Zoning Administrator per Section 15.5 of the Zoning Ordinance.
The Zoning Administrator may approve only those administrative changes that meet these criteria. In requesting an Administrative Change, applicants should describe how the proposed change complies with the intent of the County Board approval.
When applying for an Administrative Change, include 4 sets of the following information below for landscape plan changes and 2 sets for all other Administrative Change requests.
PRINT/DOWNLOAD: Administrative Change Application
- Statement of Support – The statement should include a description of how the requested change(s) complies with the spirit and intent of the County Board approval as well as comparisons of building footprints, setbacks, heights and materials as appropriate
- Constructions drawing
- Requests to modify building footprints, setbacks, heights, and building façade materials should be accompanied by scaled plats and/or drawings marked to show both the approval and requested changes
- Letter of consent from the property owner
- Administrative Change requests are started and issued at the Zoning Office, located on the 10th floor of 2100 Clarendon Blvd.
- Bring in all full scaled plan sets, the Administrative Change application and all other supporting documentation.
- The filing fee is required at the time of submission.
- Application submissions are reviewed for completeness.
- If all submission requirements are met, the administrative change request can start the full review. A review for an Administrative Change can take up to 30 days.
- Once the review is completed, the Zoning Office will notify you of approval or rejection.
Construction Document Requirements
Submitted Construction documents must contain sufficient information for plan reviewers to be able to review the Administrative Change request.
Submission requirements for construction documents when submitting an application for an Administrative Change:
- Minimum page size 11″x17″
- Maximum page size of 24″x36″
As defined by the Zoning Fee Schedule, the potential fees for an Administrative Change are listed below.
A 5% automation fee will be applied in addition to the fees below.
- Administrative Changes – $596 per subsection of the Zoning Ordinance
- Landscape Plan Changes for Town House, Cluster, URD’s – $56 plus DES fee of $14
- Landscape Plan Changes All Other – $657 plus DES fee of $165
- Comprehensive Sign Plan – $111 per request
- Administrative Change for Signs – $122
- Parking Changes – $657 plus DES fee of $165
- Satellite dishes and antennas – $275
- Temporary Uses – $657
- Outdoor Seating – $275 plus DES fee of $69
- Tenant Changes – $111
- Façade Changes – $657
- All Other including items with multiple requests – $1,093 plus DES fee of $274