Trade permits include the following:
Applying for a Trade Permit by Email
Step 1: Gather Required Information
Download and complete the application by visiting the permit page (links above).
Step 2: Submit Application
Submit the application by email to: ISDtradepermits@arlingtonva.us.
- Download the application from the permit’s webpage.
- Include one permit application per email.
- If applicable, include plans and supporting documents for each application. The maximum attachment(s) size is 25MB.
- If multiple emails are required due to file size limitations, please use the same Subject line and indicate there are multiple emails (i.e., 1 of 3),
Step 3: Complete Review Process
You should receive a response within two (2) business days.
- Staff will review your application for completeness.
- Corrections or other follow up may be required. A permit specialist will provide directions for next steps in your response email.
- They will also provide a permit number and the fee amount due.
- Contact ISDtradepermits@arlingtonva.us if you have not received a response within two business days.
Use your permit number to check the permit status.
- Check permit status here.
- The database is updated Monday – Friday at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Permit status will indicate “applied” until fees are paid.
- Click “View comments” for plan reviewer details.
- If all required plan reviewer(s) have approved the application, continue to Step 4. If corrections are required, return to Step 2 to submit revisions. Include your permit number with your resubmission.
Step 4: Pay Fee(s)
- Pay fees online.
- A permit specialist will email the permit and a receipt within two (2) business days.
- View more details on fees.
Note: Due to COVID-19, all in-person and mail payments are currently suspended.
Step 5: Schedule Inspection(s)