LDA/SWM 2.0 Permit Requirements
This page has details about the requirements for a land disturbing activity/stormwater permit. To learn more about when you need an LDA/Stormwater permit, including specific requirements for individual single family homes, please view the LDA/SWM overview page.
Note: This permit application and review process is anticipated to move online in a future phase of Permit Arlington.
- Apply for a LDA/SWM permit via the ePlan Review Portal. Consult the Building and LDA Permit Quick Reference Guide.
- Review the LDA/SWM permit Minimum Acceptance Checklist.
3. Submit an erosion and sediment control plan for your project.
4. Submit a landscape conservation plan.
5. Design stormwater management for your project using the resources provided below:
- Stormwater Management Ordinance Guidance Manual (revised 7/21)
- Appendix A – Stormwater Facility Maintenance and Monitoring Agreement (revised 4/2019)
- Appendix A – Stormwater Facility Maintenance and Monitoring Agreeement LDA 2.0 (2021)
- Appendix B – Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Template (revised 9/2016)
- Appendix C. Water Quality Impact Assessment Data Sheet for RPA Projects (revised 7/21)
- Appendix D. Chesapeake Bay Preservation Ordinance Review Committee (CBORC) Exception Request (revised 7/21)
- Appendix E – Tree Canopy Requirements (revised 7/21)
- Appendix F – Tree Protection and Planting Standards (renamed from Planting Notes and Details)
- Standard Details for Permeable Pavement and Urban Bioretention (revised 7/2019)
- Virginia Runoff Reduction Method New Development Compliance Spreadsheet (Updated 10/2017)
- Virginia Runoff Reduction Method Redevelopment Compliance Spreadsheet (Updated 3/2019)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Minimum Acceptance Checklist (2018)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Minimum Acceptance Checklist – LDA 2.0 Program (7/21)
- Water Quantity Energy Balance Worksheet
- Building Code Guidelines for Stormwater Planter Boxes
- Bioretention Sizing Spreadsheet (revised 4/2015)
- Use of Structural Stormwater Treatment Systems (Revised 3/2018)
- Sump Pump and Drainage Connection Policy
- Tree Replacement Guidelines
Stormwater Management Construction Tips and Guidance
- Appendix G – Construction Inspection Checklists and As-Built Certifications for Various Stormwater Facilities (revised 3/2020)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Supplement (4/2015)
- Pre-storm Erosion and Sediment Control Checklist (8/2020)
- Pollution Prevention (P2) Supplement (4/2015)
- Request a Forestry Construction Inspection (online form)
- Stormwater Facility Certification Requirements for specific types of facilities: