A fire protection systems permit is required for all installation of and alteration to fire protection systems such as:
- Cooking equipment fire suppression systems
- Fire alarms
- Other suppression systems and components
Note: In-person applications are currently suspended due to the COVID-19 health crisis and Permit Office closure.
- You must complete a Fire Protection Systems Permit Application.
- Submissions should be made by the owner, designer, and/or contractor and should be timed to meet deadlines.
- To apply online:
- This permit follows the same email submission process as Trade Permits. Review email submission requirements and review process steps.
- Submit the application by email to ISDtradepermits@arlingtonva.us.
- To apply on paper:
- Submit application in person at the Arlington County Permit Office.
- Two copies of shop drawings are required.
- Two copies of any floor plan layouts are required.
For fire alarms and sprinkler systems, call 703-228-3846. Leave a voicemail and an Inspection Services Division (ISD) Fire Inspector will contact you to schedule your inspection.
- View Fee Schedules and Payment Methods
- This permit can be paid for online. Access the online payment portal.
Fee schedules provide the range of fees charged for each type of application or activity related to land development in Arlington. Fees cover permitting, plan review, enforcement, inspection, service delivery, performance agreements and conditions. There are separate fee schedules for Inspection Services Division (ISD), Zoning and the Department of Environmental Services (DES). Some permits involve fees from more than one schedule.