A fire protection systems permit is required for all installation of and alteration to fire protection systems such as:
- Cooking equipment fire suppression systems
- Fire alarms
- Other suppression systems and components
You must apply for a fire protection systems permit in person at the Arlington County Permit Office. This permit application and review process is anticipated to move online in a future phase of Permit Arlington.
- You must complete a Fire Protection Systems Permit Application.
- Two copies of shop drawings are required.
- Two copies of any floor plan layouts are required.
- Submissions should be made by the owner, designer, and/or contractor and should be timed to meet deadlines.
- Schedule the necessary time to ensure review and approval, to order and install equipment, and to arrange testing and final approval.
For fire alarms and sprinkler systems, call 703-228-3846. Leave a voicemail and an Inspection Services Division (ISD) Fire Inspector will contact you to schedule your inspection.
Fee Schedules provide the range of fees charged for each type of application or activity related to land development in Arlington. Fees cover permitting, plan review, enforcement, inspection, service delivery, performance agreements and conditions. There are separate fee schedules for Inspection Services Division (ISD), Zoning and the Department of Environmental Services (DES). Some permits involve fees from more than one schedule.