Any new sink installed outside of an existing kitchen or bathroom requires the submission of an additional sink affidavit. The additional sink affidavit replaces the now discontinued sink notification letter. The primary purpose of the affidavit is to ensure that the installation of a new sink does not result in the creation of an additional dwelling unit where one is not otherwise allowed. Several project types may require this affidavit (ex: basement wet bar). An additional sink affidavit is not required for Accessory Dwellings or Family or Caregiver Suites. For questions about additional sink affidavits, contact the Zoning Division: 703-228-3883.
Note: In-person applications are currently suspended due to the COVID-19 health crisis and Permit Office closure.
- You must complete an Additional Sink Affidavit
- To apply online:
- Submit application via email to email@example.com.
- Include one permit application per email.
- If applicable, include plans and supporting documents for each application. The maximum attachment(s) size is 25MB.
- If multiple emails are required due to file size limitations, please use the same Subject line and indicate there are multiple emails (i.e., 1 of 3)
- To apply on paper:
- Submit application in person at the Arlington County Permit Office.
- You must submit the additional sink affidavit along with your building permit.
- All new or relocated sinks require a building permit.
- View Fee Schedules and Payment Methods.
- This permit, and ongoing certifications, can be paid for online. Access the online payment portal.
Fee Schedules provide the range of fees charged for each type of application or activity related to land development in Arlington. Fees cover permitting, plan review, enforcement, inspection, service delivery, performance agreements and conditions. There are separate fee schedules for Inspection Services Division (ISD), Zoning and the Department of Environmental Services (DES). Some permits involve fees from more than one schedule.