The Permit Arlington team is requesting up to an hour of your time over the next week to test the new permitting system. We ask that you create a new account in the customer portal and submit 2 – 4 applications for permits that are of interest to you.
Please remember that this is a testing environment and no live projects should be submitted through this portal.
- Click on this link to open the customer portal testing environment.
- Create an account in the customer portal. An account creation user guide can be found here.
- Log in to the system with your newly created username and password.
- Create and submit a permit application. You must use a real Arlington County address. Enter the “Street No.” and “Street Name” and click search. All other application data may be fictitious.
- Document upload: sample plan sheets & drawings have been provided in the table below.
- Payment: after application submission we will generate a mock invoice. You will then be able to make a payment on your submitted test application. Instructions on how to make an online payment can be found here.
- For sample credit card and e-check numbers please use the information provided in this document linked here. Please do not use a real credit card or bank account for testing.
- It is advised to use the Internet Explorer or Google Chrome internet browser.
- You must use a real Arlington County address.
- Do not submit a project for which you need to obtain a real permit.
Sample Test Documents
|X Grading and Drainage Report.pdf|