Permit Arlington is a County-wide initiative to improve land development, building, and permitting processes that includes:
- A new online permitting system
- A centralized space for in-person customer visits
- An updated website for permitting activities that will go live as part of Phase I of Permit Arlington
Both physical and virtual spaces aim to achieve a transformative customer experience.
The new system will delivered in phases, with Phase I launching on Sept. 9, 2019. Learn more.
- Enhance technology and communication tools
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Increase transparency and accountability
- Streamline business processes
Customer Experience Vision
One team, one voice, delivering a responsive permitting experience driven by understanding and listening to our customer needs.
- Centralized customer service seamlessly integrated with an intuitive online user experience
- A knowledgeable and friendly team providing consistent information
- Convenient and transparent from start to finish
This project will significantly impact residents, businesses, property managers and developers, employees and other partners. Engagement efforts have been scaled with that in mind.
- A cross-cutting project team from multiple departments meets regularly to inform the process and make decisions.
- Focus groups, interdepartmental teams and public outreach efforts provide opportunities for a broader group of stakeholders to participate and provide valuable information to support the process.
- A Customer Advisory Working Group, made up of frequent land development and permitting customers, worked with the project team early in the process to provide insights on processes, needs, challenges and expectations. The group will reconvene when work on Phase II begins.