A Distributed Antenna System (DAS), also known as a first-responder communications system, requires a multi-step permit and inspections process.
Permit and Inspections Process
1. Electrical Permit
Obtain a low-voltage Electrical Permit.
2. Third-Party Inspection
Schedule an inspection with an approved third-party inspector, per County testing protocol and policy.
- The Certificate of Radio Coverage Compliance must be completed by the third-party professional engineer of record and submitted to Arlington prior to scheduling a concealment and final/low-voltage inspection with the County.
3. Arlington County Inspection
Schedule the concealment and final/low-voltage inspection with Arlington County. This must only be a final/low-voltage inspection and cannot include other inspections (ex: electrical or commercial building permit inspection).
- To schedule an inspection, call 703-228-3800 or email email@example.com.
- At the time of the final inspection, the DAS drawings/plans must be available on site at the time of the final inspection or emailed to the assigned inspector.
- At the time of the final inspection, be sure that the electrical contractor has connected the DAS to the fire control panel.