During the construction process, various inspections must be scheduled to ensure the safety and proper progress of the project. In many cases, it is the responsibility of the permit holder or the permit holder’s representative to schedule inspections. In others, Arlington will contact the permit holder to schedule. For any inspection, make sure you have copies (paper or digital) of the approved permit, plat and building plans.
Types of Inspections
Depending on the type of permit, inspections may be conducted by one or more of the following offices:
- Building and Trade Inspections – Inspection Services Division (ISD)
- Distributed Antenna System (DAS) – Inspection Services Division (ISD)
- Environmental Health Inspections – Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Site Inspections – Department of Environmental Services (DES)
- Zoning Inspections – Zoning Division