Building permits are required to protect all people from repairs, additions, or new construction which are in violation of codes and could cause harm to life and property. Permits are also required to ensure that federally mandated building related requirements, such as energy conservation and accessibility are complied with. Some permits also require Zoning and/or DES fees.
In Arlington, there are many permits that are required during the construction process and each permit has a different fee schedule.
PRINT/DOWNLOAD: ISD Fee Schedule 2019
- See list of Building Permit Fees.
Code Modification and Building Code Appeals
- Building Code and Maintenance Appeals Process
- View list of Code Modification and Building Appeals Fees.
Electrical: Temporary Electrical Installation
- View list of Temporary Electrical Installation Permits.
- View list of Non Permit Fees.
- View list of Inspection Services Overtime Fees.
- See the process to apply for a refund.