Zoning Compliance Letters verify the zoning entitlements and encumbrances for a specific property. They normally provide information on:
- The current zoning designation
- Known nonconformities
- Special exceptions, including use permits, site plans and variances
- Outstanding zoning violations
- Relevant certificates of occupancy on file
Zoning Compliance Letters do not provide verification of building or fire code compliance.
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2286 allows 90 days for the Zoning Administrator to respond to requests for Zoning Compliance Letters, although the typical turnaround is 30-45 days. No expedited service is available.
Zoning Compliance Letter requests must be applied for online.
- You must complete a Zoning Compliance Letter Application in Permit Arlington.
- From the Create drop-down menu, select Zoning Application. Then select Zoning Compliance Letters.
- View Permit Arlington Help for assistance with the online system.
Fee Schedules provide the range of fees charged for each type of application or activity related to land development in Arlington. Fees cover permitting, plan review, enforcement, inspection, service delivery, performance agreements and conditions. There are separate fee schedules for Inspection Services Division (ISD), Zoning and the Department of Environmental Services (DES). Some permits involve fees from more than one schedule.