Permit Arlington Support Off Site (SOS) Event
Thursday, January 7, 2021 Ι 10 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Nine permit applications migrated to the Permit Arlington online system last month.
Drop in for virtual sessions where staff will be on hand to demo the new application processes shown in the schedule below, answer technical questions, troubleshoot the submission process, and help you navigate the business process.
- Click here to join a session via Microsoft Teams at the specified time
- To join via phone (audio only), dial +1 347-973-6905 and enter the conference ID: 732 335 860#
- 10:00: Demolition Permit
- 10:45: Code Modification Request and Code Appeal Application
- 11:45: BZA Use Permit and BZA Appeal Application
- 12:30: Accessory Dwelling and Family/Caregiver Suite Permit
- 1:30: Asbestos Removal/Abatement Permit
Visit the Permit Arlington Help Page for more how-to instructions, videos, and access to technical support.
Permitting Changes in December 2020
As of Dec. 7th, applications for the following must be submitted online via Permit Arlington:
- Accessory Dwelling Permit
- Amusement Device Permit
- Asbestos Removal Permit
- Board of Zoning Appeals – Appeal Application
- Board of Zoning Appeals – Use Permit/Variance Application
- Building Code Appeal
- Building Code Modification Application
- Building Demolition Permit
- Family/Caregiver Suite Permit
Be sure to consult the permit webpages for the review processes and processing times for applications.
What has NOT changed?
- ePlan Review will continue to be used to apply for Trade Permits (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing/Gas, Fire Protection Systems, and Elevator Permits), Building Permits, and Land Disturbing Activity Permits (LDAs).
- All other permit and application types will continue to be accepted via email due to COVID-19 and the Arlington County Permit Office closure.