Permit Arlington Phase I launched in September 2019, with more than 30 permit and application types. To prepare for Permit Arlington Phase II, an interim step will move some permits to ePlan in August and September 2020.
Permit applications must be submitted online via ePlan for the following:
- Mechanical Permits starting Wednesday, August 5
- Electrical Permits and Plumbing/Gas Permits starting Wednesday, August 19
- Fire Protection Systems Permits and Elevator Permits coming in September; check back for dates
We’re Here to Help
Instructions & Video Tutorials
- How to Upload Plans and Documents for ePlan
- How to Submit Revisions
- Mechanical Permit Application Walk-Through
- Electrical Permit Application Walk-Through
Technical help desk support is available Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Arlington County Permit Office closes at noon every third Thursday.
- Online: Submit a request for technical support. You will receive a response within 1 business day.
- Phone: 703-228-7638
- Email: PermitTechSupport@arlingtonva.us
Business Process Support
Permitting staff are available to help with permit application questions Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., with the exception of every third Thursday of the month, when the Arlington County Permit Office closes at noon.