Updated September 13, 2020 11 p.m.
The Arlington County Permit Office is CLOSED for in-person customer service. The closure is one of many steps that Arlington County Government is taking to help mitigate and reduce any unnecessary exposure and spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Many services remain available online.
- Meetings and customer interactions will take place virtually to the fullest extent possible.
- Most inspections may be completed virtually. Learn more.
- Permits and applications available in Permit Arlington or ePlan Review, including building permits, must be submitted online.
- Other permit and application types are now available via email. If applicable, plans should be submitted with application (max. file size 25MB).
- Administrative change requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demolition, asbestos abatement, code modifications, and code appeals must be submitted via email to ISDtradepermits@arlingtonva.us.
- Accessory dwelling, family/caregiver suite, and dance hall permits must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- BZA applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoning complaints must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- All other Zoning Division permits must be submitted via email to Contactzoning@arlingtonva.us.
- All other Dept. of Environmental Services permits must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All in-person building-related inspections.
- All non-emergency Code Enforcement inspections of enclosed and interior spaces.
- In-person payments (see below).
- All paper applications and in-person customer service for permits issued by the Inspection Services Division, Zoning Division, or Department of Environmental Services.
Modified phone services:
- Customers in need of online permitting technical support are requested to submit help requests online.
- Online payment has been implemented for all permit and application types.
- In-person and mailed payments are suspended.
The County is currently maintaining published time frames, but this is subject to change as the situation evolves.