Requesting a demolition or removal of a building is a multi-step process, with several steps that must be satisfied before this application is accepted. Please note that form is used and required for the demolition of a building or structure including the removal of any of the following:
- Any wall, partition or portion thereof
- Any structural component
- Removal of any asbestos containing materials
These are the conditions that must be met or agreed upon, and are outlined in more detail in the request form below:
1. The water and sewer account must be closed and the final bill must be paid.
2. The existing sewer lateral must be capped at the property line by the owner and inspected by the building inspections.
3. The issuance of a demolition permit shall constitute an implied request by and permission from the owner of the building for discontinuance of the water service connection. As a courtesy, temporary use of the water service connection will be allowed for construction purposes only, if requested in writing.
4. If the land disturbed exceeds 3500 square feet, or if any of the area is in Chesapeake Bay resources Protection Area (RPA), then the applicant must comply with Chesapeake Bay Preservation Ordinance.